We help more than 400 runaway and homeless youth every year. Most usually have little more than the clothes they are wearing. We have survival aid items for them, but we can always use more. We accept the items listed below or money to purchase new items such as clothing, food, phone cards, sunscreen, blankets and more.
- Women sweatpants or yoga style pants: Size Adult S, M, L, XL
- Men sweatpants: Size M, L, XL, XXL
- Women sweatshirts/hoodies/jackets: Size Adult M, L, XL, XXL
- Men sweatshirts/hoodies/jackets: Size Adult L, XL, XXL, XXXL
- Women and Men winter hats and gloves
- Can openers (hand held)
- Quick chargers for phones.
- Phone chargers for all phone types
- Ear buds
- Gift cards $5 to $10 dollars at fast food locations
- New duffle bags – medium size
Host Homes Network
Be a part of the solution by becoming a Host Home. They provide temporary, overnight shelter for a runaway or homeless youth. Host Homes are families with or without children, singles, and retirees. They are paid for their training and for the time they spend providing service. Some of our Homes have been in the network for more than 10 years. We don’t ask you to become a counselor; Host families provide shelter, and we do the rest. Call us at 309-827-0377 for more information about how you can provide safety to youth who are separated from their parents.
If you have a passion to help youth in need within your community, and the ability to share your time and talents, Project Oz would love to discuss the possibility of becoming a Board Member.